May 19, 2019: Three services
Rev. Danny Massie, our interim pastor, will be our preacher during Sunday's three services:
• 8:30 am in the Sanctuary
• 10:30 am Rejoice! in Mullin Life Center
• 10:30 am in the Sanctuary (with live streaming).
Sermon title: Comprehending Worship
Bulletin: Sunday's Sanctuary service bulletin (pdf)
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Preschoolers (ages 3-4) meet in Mullin Life Center, Room 102.
- Elementary-age children meet in Corl 303.
- Youth classes (grades 6-12) meet in Virginia Gilmer Room behind the Sanctuary.
Adult classes include:
- Ty Buckner leads a discusion about the PC(USA) General Assembly in the Agape Class which meets in the Garden Room.
- The Commitment Class joins the Soularium Class in Cannon's Solarium. Rev. Nate Sell leads a discussion about Fred Bahnson's book Soil and Sacrament. The class meets in Blair Hagan Room.
- “The Resurrection: Through the Eyes of the 4 Gospels” continues in the Homebuilders and Faith Matters classes which meet in Myers Loyalty Room, Smith 242.
- Exodus – A deep study of the second book of the Bible, led by Gerard Davidson. Seekers Class meets in Vaughn Conference Room, Main 125.
- Dr. Charles Howell leads an introductory discussion of the Pentateuch in YMBC, which meets in Redhead Hall. The class is reviewing the first five books of the Bible and their significance to the rest of the scriptures.
Also at 9:30 am: Enjoy some personal quiet time to read and reflect or join fellow members for conversation and sharing about your week. Coffee is provided at the front desk.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
Ten Thousand Villages
Shop Ten Thousand Villages pop-up store in our Welcome Center Sunday. The store, one of our ministry partners, sells fair-trade, hand-crafted gift and home decor items from throughout the world.
Angel Trees for Refugees
Many thanks to our congregation for its enthusiastic support. So far, we have delivered full welcome packages to four families for a total of 35 separate kits, four foldable shopping carts, and $200 in gift certificates to them get settled! This is the last week of our drive to support 10 newly arriving families. Please fill out the back of your tag and attach it to your kit so that we can keep track of what’s coming in. We still need one Adult Bed kit, one Male Hygiene kit, 15 Child Bed kits (these tags say two pillows, but one is fine), and several $50 donations to cover gift cards for remaining families. Please take an ornament from the Angel Tree in the Welcome Center and leave the stub with your name and telephone number.
Thinking about visiting?
We seek to welcome visitors each Sunday. Our Welcome Center, located at 617 N. Elm St. on the northern edge of downtown Greensboro, is a great place to start exploring our church. You can find a church map, directions to meeting rooms and worship spaces, and other helpful information.
Crayons for Kenya
Please bring coloring books and crayons to church. We plan to send them with our high school youth when they travel to Kenya this summer. We're hoping to send 450 coloring books and 450 24-count boxes of crayons. Please drop off donations in the Welcome Center.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.