Aug. 25, 2019: One, combined service
Rev. Danny Massie, interim pastor, will be our preacher during Sunday's one, combined service:
• 10:30 am in the Sanctuary (with live streaming).
Sermon title: Mutual Forbearance
Bulletin: Sunday's Combined service bulletin (pdf)
We live stream our 10:30 am Sanctuary service each Sunday.
Church School at 9:30 am
Classes for children & youth:
- Classes will not meet Sunday or throughout the summer. Classes return Sept. 8.
Adult classes include:
- Rev. Gerald Donnelly continues "Finding God in Mayberry" in YMBC, Redhead Hall. (See a full description of the class.)
- Rev. Danny Massie concludes "Danny on Daniel," a study exploring the Book of Daniel and its relevance in today's culture. The study begins at 9:30 am in the Garden Room, Smith 124, adjacent to the Welcome Center.
- Gerard Davidson's in-depth study of Exodus continues in the Seekers Class in Main 125 beneath the Sanctuary.
Also at 9:30 am: Enjoy some personal quiet time to read and reflect or join fellow members for conversation and sharing about your week. Coffee is provided at the front desk.
The Joy of Giving
Please pledge to support our 2019 ministries.
During our service Sunday we'll have a special back-to-school blessing for students and teachers. We will also ordain and install this year's new class of elders.
We're helping more children, age pre-K through high school, get off to a strong start this school year by bringing school supplies to church. We need backpacks, binders, No. 2 pencils, pens, composition books, notebook paper, folders, Fiskar scissors, highlighters, glue sticks/school glue, regular and fine line markers.
Drop off the supplies at the Welcome Center by Sunday or bring them to the chancel area during the back-to-school blessing Sunday.
Thinking about visiting?
We welcome visitors each and every Sunday. If you'd like to explore our church, we suggest beginning at the Welcome Center, 617 N. Elm St., where greeter-guides can direct you to classes, worship services, or the nursery.
A place for families
During our 10:30 am Sanctuary service, the Virginia Gilmer Room offers a live feed from the Sanctuary so nursing mothers or parents with restless children can worship in a more comfortable environment. The space offers comfortable seating, worship bags for children, and a nursing screen. Children in this area must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Additionally, our nusery, on the first floor of Mullin Life Center, is open during worship.
The Parking Assistance Ministry team (PAM) has spaces on both sides of Greene Street reserved for our members and visitors with special needs. PAM volunteers can assist with guiding you to appropriate parking. If you are being driven to church, you may be dropped off at the Greene Street entrance while your driver parks.